Business owners are in a constant struggle to find that right formula to bring in new customers and clients. As technology advances and different forms of media go in and out of popularity, it can be very confusing which method to use and which to let go. We have been fully immersed in helping business owners with all methods of digital marketing for over 10 years and can help guide you to get the most out of every aspect, or even just the one aspect you are interested in.
There is a lot of overlap in digital marketing, and as technology progresses, and every provider is trying to better serve their users while making money, we find that providing the best user experience often is the highest rule to keep in mind, while at the same time following the rules that help you show off your products and services in the best way in places like Google, social media, video, and more.
Below are some of the key aspects of digital marketing that we help people understand and use with success:
- SEO: Search engine optimization helps you get in front of searchers at the exact moment they are actively seeking what you offer. Though it can take time to get going, it typically has a great ROI. Once you start showing up naturally in search and the traffic comes in, clients and customers will start showing up regularly.
- Adwords: Google’s version of pay per click, where you pay to show up in the search results we mentioned above with SEO. Google is giving even more space at the top of the page these days to Adwords users and in many cases it is good to combine an SEO and Adwords plan. This can also help target very specific phrases that you may not have the strength to rank for with organic search.
- Other Pay Per Click: Most places online provide some sort of paid presence. Depending on your target audience, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, content placements, or other display type advertising may come in handy. Paying for a presence in many of these areas can increase brand awareness, or in some social aspects, target very specifically to people with interests in what you offer.
- Remarketing: You know those somewhat creepy ads that follow you around once you visit a website. That is called retargeting or remarketing, and can be a powerful aspect of digital marketing, targeting very specific users that visited specific pages on, or your entire site. It has evolved to where you can also remove visitors that have visited other pages, for example, have already purchased, so maybe aren’t worth chasing anymore.
- Social Media: Social Media presence is a great way to get your content, promotions, knowledge, out to your prospects. A regular presence on social can greatly boost your brand recognition and also help with pieces of your SEO presence like link building and site traffic.
- Video and YouTube: Though there are many online places to put your videos, YouTube is the biggest, and if you decide to include video in your marketing plan, having a channel on YouTube, or even doing YouTube advertising with video can be a key component of your plan. Though having a video in itself, is not an SEO factor, it does often help create a better user experience, and cause visitors to spend more time on your site, which is indeed, an SEO factor. Video can get you found in more places and help those that find your website interact more, which can lead to more sales.
- Metrics: How do I measure what is working and what isn’t? Sometimes the hardest part of all this new digital marketing stuff is figuring out what is working. Even more, we are an online entity, but we aren’t always found in one easy spot like your website, so one spot doesn’t always give you all the answer. Using analytics from your different platforms can help put together a cohesive picture of what is working and what isn’t online. As website traffic moves over to YouTube and social, you may have more people seeing you as an “entity”, but fewer actually showing up at your site. Google tries to get you to interact directly with the search results for local results, so you may get calls or interactions that never even made it to your site. This all complicates the picture and we can help it make sense.
- Content: Content is needed for all of these things. It is the one aspect that is important to every aspect of your plan. For SEO to work, you need good thorough content about the topic you are trying to rank for. For PPC to work, your landing page needs to be engaging and give visitors the info they need to make a purchase decision. For social media, you need to tell the right story to bring people to your site or have them engage with you within social media itself. Even for video, you better have a solid engaging script with good content to help create the solid video content. We have award winning writers to help you get that message out. You are great at what you do, but sometimes it is tough to put that into words. Writers can take your expertise and show them off on your site or wherever you need them to show up.
- Landing Page or Conversion Rate Optimization (LPO or CRO): This is the art and study of converting your visitors to all of your platforms, into paying customers. Through testing and paying close attention to industry data and user experience advancements, we always want to make it as easy as possible for a customer to purchase our services. We help with the most simple and standard techniques to testing out subtle changes you may want to make in landing pages.
- Websites: If you are just getting started and don’t even have a website yet to start sending your customers to, we can help with that too. We have relationships with some of the best in the business. They are all responsive professionals who have worked with us in the past and understand the important aspects of building SEO friendly designs and responding when you need to make updates and changes.
Digital Marketing doesn’t have to be as confusing as it may seem. With a trusted friend to help guide you down the right paths, and avoid the wrong ones, you can succeed in digital marketing while you focus on your core business. We have been doing all aspects of digital marketing for over 10 years, we are an A+ BBB business, and Google certified partner. We have been helping businesses make the right decisions since before the IPhone existed and keep adjusting with the times. Please reach out. We are here to help.